Deck the halls… and the walls. As the holiday season is nearing, you can start putting up your Christmas tree and also brightening up the display gallery in your living room wall, the stairwell or the foyer. Picture frames are excellent decorative elements that can make use of a wide array of Christmas colors and designs.
The picture frames can display well-loved family pictures that hold Christmas memories. As early as now, you can start bringing in some of the festive cheer by using these suggested picture frames:
- Gold picture frames. The warm yellow glow of Champagne gold, desert gold, gold spray or burnished gold can provide good cheer for your walls. The Victorian Frame Company provides a wide selection of gold-tone frames in various shapes.
- Silver picture frames. This reminds one of the song, “Silver Bells”, as well as the tinsel wrappings. Whether you would want bright silver, a more burnished, weathered look of silver leaf or a more contemporary chrome shade, silver picture frames are a great way to greet the holiday. These are all available in different shapes and sizes. The great thing is that you can choose simple lines or more elaborate frame designs that bear flowers or beading.
- Red picture frames. Red points to poinsettia (the Christmas flowers), Santa Claus and a lot of holiday elements. The Victorian Company has Holiday Red frames that make a definitive statement that is both whimsical and classy.
- Green picture frames. Green frames reflect the color of Christmas trees and mistletoe. The Victorian Frame Company also provides hunter green frames that make a perfect complement to the holiday red frames.
- Christmas-themed frames. Of course, there are also seasonal frames that are created just for this occasion. These are shaped like Christmas trees, angels or candy canes. Some frame designs feature ribbons tied up to make the frame look life Christmas presents or ones that are decorated with Christmas wreaths.
- Bejeweled frames. You can go out and buy frames bedecked with sparkling jewels or you can make one yourself. You can get a plain picture frame, a glue gun and some beading and sequins. Bling the frame up to help contribute to a celebratory ambiance.
More than simply hanging a set of frames in holiday colors on the wall, there are some more creative ways to put on the Christmas glitz:
- Combining holiday colors. Mix up the silver and gold frames and add in holiday red and green frames as accent. Make sure you map out the frames before hanging them on the wall.
- Christmas tree ornaments. You can get small frames, place your loved ones pictures inside and then festoon the Christmas tree with it. To add to the decorations, you can tie gold or silver ribbons that you can use for hanging.
- Light it up. Get an empty gold or silver picture frame, preferably round or rectangular in shape. Wrap a cord of LED Christmas lights onto the molding, hang the frame and light it up when you want to set the mood.