Posted by Eric Morgan on 20th Mar 2017
The dining room is about relaxing and companionship – family and friends gathering to enjoy a good meal and each other’s company. That is why it is important to provide the right ambiance – one that can either encourage conversation or provide a soothing atmosphere. The general rule is to go for soothing or peaceful images, rather than controversial ones.
Here are some things you can hang on your dining room wall:
- A horizontal rectangle mirror. This is a framed mirror with a rectangular shape hung in such a way that the wider part of the mirror runs along the wall, rather than down the wall. This way, you achieve an illusion of spaciousness. The mirror also succeeds in reflecting mood lighting that may come from a chandelier on the ceiling or a pair of lighting scones across the room.
- Framed images. Have a series of antique picture frames with similar themes (i.e. botanical prints or watercolors). This adds an air of elegance and a cozy atmosphere. Or, if you want a shabby chic look, a vintage menu board on a simple black frame will be a great touch. You can hang these frames on the wall. Alternatively, you can use a picture ledge and layer the frames to provide added texture and depth. A picture ledge also allows you to introduce other elements such as a monogram letter, some figurines or a small plant.
- Vintage-themed wall. Pair vintage wallpaper (i.e. light damask or flower designs) with a gold gilt picture frame of a still life featuring food or a pastoral scene. Add to the vintage appeal with a pair of antique wall scones.
- Plate collection. Get those antique decorative plates out and showcase them where people can enjoy their delicate beauty! You can get the Victorian Frame Company’s customized display cases that are especially designed to hold designer plates. We have collector plate frames that can hold one or two plates. Another option is to securely mount colored plates on specially designed hooks or extra-strong adhesive. You can also install a plate rail along the wall to accent that wall and break up the vertical space, emphasizing the wideness of your dining area.
- A gallery of small mirrors. Play with the lights by installing a number of small-sized mirrors in various sizes on one wall. This bounces back the lighting and provides interesting angles of the room and the people dining around the table.
- Oversized chalkboard. For a more casual vibe, get an oversized picture frame minus the glazing. Apply chalkboard paint on the backboard. Use colored chalk to write assignments/chores, inspirational thoughts or the menu for the week. This provides you with a changeable display.
- Wallpaper. Style up your dining room with specialized wallpaper to transform one wall into the room’s accent wall. These can be a colorful and striking pattern that adds to the beauty of the room. You can hang empty picture frames on this accent wall to soften the boldness of the paper a bit.
- Wall decal. These specialized stickers can add quotes or a splash of color to an otherwise empty wall.
- Open shelving. Now if you already have a gorgeous wall, don’t hide it. Rather, install some open shelving and arrange your colorful crockery to add more visual interest to the wall.
Thinking about adding a little bit of mirror magic in your home? It will be helpful to know your options and where you could place these to maximize its visual impact. Let’s take a closer look at mirrors, shall we?TypesAntique mirrors. Antique mirrors instantly give the room a sense of history and old-world charm. It can even be the [...]
Multiple framed mirrors or picture frames can be about uniformity and symmetry. It can also be about variety and organized and visually pleasing chaos. The idea is filling up the wide empty space in the wall with colors, textures and images that add to the beauty of your room.Here are some ideas and tips when hanging framed items: Have a funky [...]
Make your kid’s house a fun and comforting place for them – all without breaking the bank. After all, your child’s bedroom is a place where your child can explore, imagine and enjoy. Here are some ideas you can try:Animal wallpaper cutouts. Whimsical wallpaper can transform one wall into a playground. For instance, you can work with different wallpaper [...]
Turn up the mirror magic in your home with oversized mirrors. Mirrors are often relegated to “support roles,” where the focus is on paintings and photos. However, with the right frames, you can actually make them take center stage. These large mirrors do double-duty – as a decorative element as well as a functional one (allowing guests to check [...]
In some places, the bathroom is called the “comfort room”? The bathroom is a personal space that can be imbibed with beauty and character, making it a haven inside your home. Your bathroom need not be a utilitarian and plain section of your home – you can express your unique style and flair with these simple tips: Incorporate a small [...]
The living room, dining area, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom are distinct areas in your home. These have their own functions, and you can work to have a unique look and feel for each of these rooms. Framed works are quick and easy ways to add personality and charm to each of these rooms. You just need to determine what [...]
Have you gotten the hang of it? Hanging frames that is. After you have carefully selected photos or artwork and ordered your set of modern or vintage picture frames from Victorian Frame Company, the next step is to know how to hang the picture frames on your wall.Here are some quick and easy tips you can take note of: Always hang [...]
On a limited budget? You don’t have to get the sledgehammer out and start pounding away on your walls! You can give your bathroom an updated and upgraded look with highly affordable home accessories such as picture frames and framed mirrors.Here are some ways to achieve a unique or elegant look for your bathroom: Add a chalkboard. Remember the temptation to [...]
What atmosphere would you like a room to have? Whether you prefer luxurious elegance, a sense of fun, or a cozy and comfy environment, accessories can be your best friends. When used wisely, accessorizing can be a great way to achieve a certain look and feel for a room.Here are some accessories you can incorporate in your home:Old [...]