Posted by Eric Morgan on 22nd May 2017
Planning a special and personalized party for an event as special as a graduation can be an overwhelming task. Streamline your ideas by finding a theme for the graduation party. Here some new and fun ideas to celebrate the end of high school or college with a theme the graduate will never forget.
- Backyard Brunch- Graduation weekends can be a very busy time with the required graduation ceremony, picture taking, and visiting with family and friends. A backyard brunch would be a lovely time to celebrate and connect early in the day. Serve tasty breakfast foods like waffles, muffins, egg dishes, and fruit juice.
- Beach Party. Make your graduate feel like they are the guest of honor at a beautiful beach party. Bring the party to the beach or bring the beach to your party with beach décor. Blow up beach balls, set up beach umbrellas, and serve lots of cold drinks and Hawaiian BBQ. Light up tiki torches around the outside parameter of the party. Have a sand castle building contest and set up chairs to relax around a soothing beach campfire.
- Big City Living. Does your graduate have plans to move away to a certain city? Decorate the party with a theme centered on that particular city. If heading to Chicago, serve Chicago deep-dish pizza and create a sign welcoming everybody to the Magnificent Mile. If moving to New York City, serve bagels and create a photo backdrop with a giant printout of the Statue of Liberty.
- Fiesta Fun. Send the local taco truck to your event venue and treat the guests to a candy-filled piñata. Set up a dance floor and play salsa music.
- Sail Away. You can’t go wrong with a nautical-inspired party. Use tones of navy, red, and white and decorate with plenty of anchors. Create a photo wall with round picture frames featuring photos of the graduate behind it and use a giant fish net as the backdrop of the photo wall.
- Smart Cookie Dessert Party. Bring on the sweet tooth! Set up a food buffet with various types of cookies, labeling each one, so party goers know what they want to choose. Serve with cold bottles of milk. Plan this party for mid-afternoon, so guests feel free to indulge in their favorite treats.
- Vintage Party. Celebrate days of the past with a classic vintage themed graduation party. Use lace tablecloths, vintage picture frames with black and white photos, and serve the food on antique china and crystal stemware.
- Garden Party. Host the graduation party in your back yard or a local park garden. Serve a cake decorated with flowers and cookies decorated in the shape of flowers. Place colorful flower bouquets on the center of each table. Create a photo collage of the graduate with the oval picture displayed over the floral material.
Blues, pinks, animals, letters, and blankets are all typical components of decorating a baby’s nursery. Make this space a unique and personalized part of your home with a nursery gallery wall. This area will be the perfect place to display those sweet and special items you love and cherish.Here are some fun components to a beautiful gallery wall [...]
There’s no better time to celebrate than a high school or college graduation. Rewarding the graduate for all the time and effort spent working towards a degree and making valuable memories before they move on to their next phase of life are just some of the very important reasons to throw a fabulous party. Here are some helpful tips [...]
The invitation to party arrives in the mail. The date gets circled on the calendar. The perfect outfit is found, and the babysitter is booked. Now it’s time to find the perfect hostess gift to thank the hostess for her hospitality. Here are some great ideas to consider.Stationary. Choose beautiful stationary embossed with your hostess’s monogram. Candy. Indulge the party-thrower’s [...]
With as much time as we spend working at our jobs, it is important to make the space you occupy as invigorating and comfortable as possible. Make workspace is your home away from home with these simple tips. Rearrange. A new perspective offers a fresh look. Move your chair, switch cubicles with a friend, or have your computer [...]
Pressed flowers make beautiful displays and excellent gifts. They are especially lovely when encapsulated inside of a picture frame. However, if not framed properly, these blooms will decay and ruin. Preserve these flowers by protecting them from the elements. Here are some simple steps to follow which will ensure the pressed flower artwork will hold the beauty of spring [...]
Do you have budding artists in residence? As parents, we can support them and let them know we appreciate their talent by providing them with the materials they need, as well as the guidance and encouragement that will let that artistic talent blossom fully. Your kids’ artwork will be a priceless collection and should have its own display. And [...]
Mirrors are silvery pieces of decorating magic. You can instantly add visual impact to the room simply by hanging a framed mirror on the wall or leaning an oversized mirror at a previously ignored corner of the room. However, mirrors need regular maintenance and cleaning to keep their shining, silvery and streak-free splendor.Use the right cleaning supplies. Since mirrors are [...]
An oversized framed mirror hung at the right place, can do a lot of wonders for a room. It can instantly brighten up a space, multiply a particularly interesting view (such as the garden) and generally make the room feel more spacious.However, hanging a heavy and oversized mirror on the wall can be intimidating. Incorrect installation can cause the [...]
Let your art shine even more – choose the right picture frame. With the number of choices that are available, it can be quite overwhelming, and you may be in doubt as to which frame will perfectly set off your art piece. There is also the fact that bad framing can detract from the piece. So, there should be [...]